Saturday, September 17, 2011

Vintage Patio Set Redo

A few weeks ago I went by a yard sale.  Whoa, what was that and is it for sale?  Yes, it was!  It was a wonderful vintage patio set with the glass top and all 4 chairs!  How much?  $10!  Yes, $10!  Yes, Please, and Thank You!  There was a few minutes that I thought maybe I would have to leave my car stuff at the sale to get the set home, but I got it all in the back of the Jeep.

So later after I picked up paint, a really pretty yellow.  I sanded the rusty spots and sprayed it with the paint.  It was already yellow just faded.  That made it easy to paint.  Now for the cushions.  I did not know what I wanted but narrowed it down to red, black or aqua.  Off to Joann's I went and got piping and fabric, all of their outdoor was 50% off so I saved some bucks there.  I chose a Aqua fabric, just because that is what they had that I liked.

So now fast forward 2 weeks, and this it what I have now!  Isn't it great!  I love it and so does the family, it will look really good on the sun porch, bring a little summer to the winter!

Sorry I only have the after photo!  Of course I forgot to take a before!  Hope you like it too!

Mary

I am linking up to


sew many ways



2 comments:

  1. I love this fabric!! It's so fun! Love how it looks paired with the yellow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-5.html

    ReplyDelete